Asbestos Project Designer Course – Three Days (24 Hours)
This comprehensive course provides instruction designed specifically for asbestos abatement project designers seeking accreditation as required by federal regulations. This course is based on the EPA Model Accreditation Plan requirements and is fully approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Project Design courses are required by the Texas Department of Health for licensing of Asbestos consultants, and required by the EPA for response action design in public, commercial and industrial facilities. A photo identification card and a certificate of completion are presented to each person who successfully completes the course.
- Background Information on Asbestos
- Potential Health Effects of Exposure to Asbestos
- Conducting an Abatement Project
- Considerations in Designing Engineering Controls
- Abatement in Occupied Project Personnel
- Safety Considerations
- Air Sampling Protocol
- Designing Abatement Solutions
- Lock down and Replacement Materials
- Legal and Insurance Considerations
- Federal, State, and Regulatory Requirements
- Abatement Drawings and Specifications
- Contracts and Administration
- Estimating and Abatement Costs
The course fee covers all course materials, including:
- A comprehensive course training manual
- A Federal and State regulations and guidance documents manual
- Course Handouts
- Certification Exam
Course Requirements \ Information
Certification: Asbestos Project Designer
Course Fee: $479 Per Student
Duration: 24 Hours
Education / Experience Required: > bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture or a related profession +1 yr. exp. in building construction and design or a related field; OR > 4 yrs. exp. in building construction and design or a related field.
State Examination: Yes
Function / Duty: Comply with standards of operation including EPA and OSHA regulations; prepare written abatement project design(s); develop a written occupant protection plan; prepare a written abatement report.
Conditions / Restrictions: Cannot conduct inspections, risk assessments, hazard screens, or abatement.
For inquiries or registration, give us a call at +1 800 460-1738 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or register online.