Asbestos Building Inspector Course Three Days (24 Hours)
This EPA/DSHS approved training course is designed for building inspectors and consultants who must identify and assess the condition of asbestos-containing materials. Students are given current, concise and relevant information presented during the classroom lectures. In addition, students participate in a mock walk-through building inspection. The course is based on the EPA’s Model Accreditation Plan, and meets federal accreditation requirements (4OCFR 763 Appendix C). A photo identification card and a certificate of completion are presented to each person who successfully completes the course.
- Background Information on Asbestos
- Potential Health Effects of Exposure to Asbestos
- Federal and State Regulatory Requirements
- The Functions and Qualifications of the Inspector
- Legal Concerns of the Inspector
- Public/Occupant/Employee Relations
- Pre-Inspection Planning
- Review of Inspection Records
- inspecting and Assessing Asbestos Containing Materials
- Bulk Sampling and Documentation
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Record-Keeping for Inspectors
- Writing Inspection Reports
- Field Exercise Inspection
The course fee covers all course materials, including:
- Comprehensive course training manual
- Federal and State regulations and guidance manual
- Course Handouts
- Certification Exam
Course Requirements \ Information
Certification: Asbestos Building Inspector
Course Fee: $399 Per Student
Duration: 24 Hours
Education / Experience Required: This Building Inspector course is a prerequisite for the Management Planner Course.
State Examination: Yes
Function / Duty: Perform inspections in target housing and child-occupied facilities; conduct post-abatement soil and dust clearance testing; complete a written inspection report.
Conditions / Restrictions: Cannot do lead risk assessments, hazard screens, conduct or design abatement, or interpret results of inspection.
For inquiries or registration, give us a call at +1 800 460-1738 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or register online.